This simple but nutrient dense recipe can be a perfect snack or even enjoyed for an entire meal with the excellent balance of nutrients! It is super fresh and full of flavor!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (makes 4 cups cooked)
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- 2 Tbsp shelled sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (about 2oz.) reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp orange flavored olive oil (or unflavored)
- 2 Tbsp black current flavored balsamic vinegar (or unflavored)
- Lemon zest from ½ lemon (about 1-2 Tbsp)
- Lemon juice from ½ lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- ½ cup reduced sugar dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa per instructions and let cool completely
- Mix in all remaining ingredients and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated
*Makes approximately 5 ½ cups
*Quinoa is a complete protein, meaning it contains all essential amino acids!
*This recipe contains many healthful nutrients such as healthy fats, antioxidants, iron, phosphorus, and calcium!
Macronutrients per ¾ cup serving
- 6g protein, 29g carbs, 7g fat. 200 calories